Thursday, May 10, 2012

Home Made Treasure Map. Easy as 1.2.3!!!

I started making this paper for a Mother's Day gift (blog coming next) and then my mommy mind got to thinking.  Wow! This paper looks like it would make a fun Treasure Map. I know my kids will get a kick out of it!  So I decided to test it out and blog about it in case it turned out!! Well, it did and my kids absolutely loved it.  Here is what I did step by step so that you can do the same thing.  Like I said earlier, this paper was originally meant for a Mother's Day project so, you can definitely get multiple uses out of it. Let your imagination run wild!!

Supplies:

1) 1- used coffee filter still with grounds in it
2) Computer Printing Paper (I used 2 sheets) You can use as many sheets as you want. Just dip the coffee grounds"sponge" in water to continue to color paper.
3) Hair Dryer- You can definitely let the paper air dry if you want. I just don't have the patience!

Directions:

1) Take used coffee filter and empty some(not all!) of the grounds in the trash leaving just enough to be able to cinch the filter into a purse. 


2)Blot the sheet of paper with the coffee "sponge" until entire surface is colored. Dabbing also gives a neat textured effect to the paper.  Feel free to soak your papers in a container of coffee if you don't want this look.

3) Let your paper dry. A hair dryer takes only a few minutes but if you don't have one, you could always let them air dry.

Your paper is now finished! I just found some cool treasure maps online and printed them onto this paper.  I also crumbled up the map to give it a more genuine look.

No comments:

Post a Comment